What Next? Cardiff
When: Wednesday 18th April, 8:30 – 9.30am
Where: National Museum Cardiff will be hosting What Next? From the 4th April to 9th May. Main door of Museum will be open from 08:15am.
National Museum Cardiff
Cardiff. CF10 3NP
Refreshements will be provided.
Chair : Heledd Fychan
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? website and social media
- What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc) https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
- What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
- What Next? Twitter: Cardiff: http://www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wnculture UK: http://www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
- Welcome and introductions
- International Updates – an opportunity to share with all recent and upcoming work with other countries, both in Wales and beyond.
- Future Programme of What Next? Cardiff
- Any Other Business
- Cardiff Music City survey http://sgiz.mobi/s3/Cardiff-Music-City-Strategy
- Ffotogallery has entered a competition with Nat West with a funding opportunity of £35k. Votes are open until 20th April. Click here to vote.
- Suggestion: Bethan Jenkins AM – in her role as chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee CONFIRMED 9th MAY
- Suggestion: St Fagans National Museum of History Visit
- Suggestion: Lizzie Crump, Creative Learning Alliance CONFIRMED 2nd MAY
- Suggestion: UK industrial strategy
- Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
- Suggestion: Implications of Brexit on the cultural sector (Wiard Stark)
- Suggestion: Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales re Future Generations Framework
- What Next Cardiff Valleys event due to meet next Tuesday has been postponed. The next meeting will be on 24th.
- Sharon Heal, Director of the Museums Association is happy to attend a future What Next? meeting, to discuss the journey the MA has made to more equitable policies and practices across the four nations
Future What Next? meetings
- 4 Apr – 9 May, National Museum Cardiff
- 16 May – 20 Jun, School of Art & Design, Cardiff Met University
- 27 Jun – TBC What Next outreach