What Next? Cardiff
When: Wednesday 21st March, 8:30 – 9.30am
Where: British Council Wales will be hosting What Next? From the 21st February to the 28th March.
British Council Wales
Floor 2, 1 Kingsway
There is dedicated cycle racks in the basement parking if required.
Refreshements will be provided.
Chair : Rebecca Gould
- Welcome and introductions
- Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport Dafydd Elis-Thomas AM speaks.
Following on from last weeks prep meeting, topics of particular interest communicated to the Ministers office are;
- Clarification on portfolio areas and vision for the term
- International cultural ambitions and vision, to include Welsh cultural showcasing
- Creative Wales and Fusion programme updates
- Cultural tourism, vision and opportunities
There will be opportunities to ask the Minister any further questions and points for discussion.
- Any Other Business
- Cardiff Music City survey http://sgiz.mobi/s3/Cardiff-Music-City-Strategy
- Suggestion: Bethan Jenkins AM – in her role as chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee
- Suggestion: St Fagans National Museum of History Visit
- Suggestion: Lizzie Crump, Creative Learning Alliance
- Suggestion: UK industrial strategy
- Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
- Suggestion: Implications of Brexit on the cultural sector (Wiard Stark)
- Suggestion: Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales re Future Generations Framework
Future What Next? meetings
- 21 Feb – 28 Mar 2018, British Council Wales
- 4 Apr – 9 May, NMW
- 16 May – 20 Jun, School of Art & Design, Cardiff Met University
- 27 Jun – TBC What Next outreach