Wednesday 22 April 2015, 8.30am-9.30am
Chapter Meeting Room 2 (NB: further info at bottom of agenda)
Chair: Steve Blandford
Host: Andy Eagle
The purpose of What Next?
BROAD AIM: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
GUIDING STAR: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
WN? Cardiff site (agendas, members, etc): http://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
WN? UK movement website: www.whatnextculture.org
Cardiff: www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wn2014 #wnculture
UK: www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wn2014 #wnculture
- Welcome and Introductions
- Reporting back/discussion from ACW briefing on Creative Learning Plan Briefing Session on Monday 20 April
- Ken Skates visit to WN? – Finalise format and agenda
- Cardiff Cultural Conversation – Cardiff Capital of Culture 2023 bid
- Examples of good arts and regeneration practice
- RSA Wales: The Value of Creativity – Design Commission for Wales, Cardiff (Tuesday 12th May 2015 at 18:00) https://www.thersa.org/events/fellowship-events/2015/5/rsa-wales-the-value-of-creativity—may-12/
- Follow-up on invitations to future WN? – S4C/ACW partnership, BBC Wales, WN? centrally
- Further priorities and actions
Information on venue:
Chapter will be hosting What Next? until 20 May.
Meeting Room 2 is on the first floor and will be signposted.
There is bike parking at the front of the building and a car park at the rear. Bus numbers 17 + 18 buses direct to Chapter are every 5 minutes from Cardiff Central. There is a car park at the rear of the building and two Cardiff Council car parks in walking distance which are free for the first two hours. More info here: http://www.chapter.org/maps-directions
Refreshments won’t be provided but there is a large café on the ground floor.
Matthew Taylor writes about the RSA/Arts Council England event ‘Toward A New Contract for Arts and Culture’, about the potential for developing a Compact between Government and the Arts: https://www.thersa.org/discover/publications-and-articles/matthew-taylor-blog/2015/04/an-arts-compact-has-a-future/
Creative Learning Through the Arts plan
From Welsh Government
The plan: http://gov.wales/docs/dcells/publications/150302-creative-learning-through-the-arts.pdf
The timeline: http://gov.wales/docs/dcells/publications/150302-creative-learning-through-the-arts-timeline.pdf
And here: http://gov.wales/newsroom/educationandskills/2015/150303creativelearningarts/?lang=en
From Arts Council of Wales
Press release/ statement: http://artswales.org.uk/85513
Donaldson curriculum review
The full report, Successful Futures, is here:
The WG statement in response is here:
Great Debate info is here:
One response, by Earlyarts, is here: