What Next? Cardiff
When: Wednesday 22 June 2016, 8.30am – 9.30am
Chair: Laura Drane
Where: Chapter, Market Road, Cardiff CF5 1QE – in the theatre foyer upstairs/ first floor
The building will be open from 8.15am. Tea and coffee will be provided and the cafe will be open.
Getting there: http://www.chapter.org/maps-directions There are bike racks available at the front of the building. And parking at the rear and on surrounding streets. Buses run to Cowbridge Road East.
- Welcome and introductions
- Since last week
- Any reflections on meeting/ content (media panel), and other news or reports from events
- Publics and audiences – our focus for this last week… See WN? aim and guiding star below. Reflections on reading, topics, speakers, etc
- Updates from Working Groups
- 24 Hour Culture Survey
- Lead: Paul Kaynes. Probably scheduled 21/22 Oct.
- European Referendum
- Any last minute updates inc cancellation of the planned Queen St event
- Cardiff/region vision and strategy
- Labour manifesto content – Ceri Black
- Mtgs with Ken Skates and CCR board
- Any Other Business
- Content/ speakers for BBC NOW block?
Future What Next? Meetings
29 June till 27 July – Michael Garvey at BBC NOW
AUGUST – no meetings
7 Sept till 12 Oct – Cardiff School of Art & Design/ Cardiff Met at Western Ave
19 Oct till 23 Nov – Amgueddfa Cymru
30 Nov till 21 Dec – WNO
4 Jan till 8 Feb National Dance Company Wales
15 Feb till 22 March Arts & Business Cymru at Eversheds
29 March till 10 May (inc Easter break) British Council
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc): http://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
What Next? UK movement website: www.whatnextculture.org
What Next? Twitter:
Cardiff: www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wnculture
UK: www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.