What Next? Cardiff
When: Wednesday 4th April, 8:30 – 9.30am
Where: National Museum Cardiff will be hosting What Next? From the 4th April to 9th May.
National Museum Cardiff
Refreshements will be provided.
Chair : Heledd Fychan
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? website and social media
- What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc) https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
- What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
- What Next? Twitter: Cardiff: http://www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wnculture UK: http://www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
- Welcome and introductions
- Future Programme – mapping the next few months of What Next? Cardiff
- Updates on key projects from attendees
- Any Other Business
- Cardiff Music City survey
- Suggestion: Bethan Jenkins AM – in her role as chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee INVITATION SENT
- Suggestion: St Fagans National Museum of History Visit
- Suggestion: Lizzie Crump, Creative Learning Alliance CONFIRMED 2nd MAY
- Suggestion: UK industrial strategy
- Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
- Suggestion: Implications of Brexit on the cultural sector (Wiard Stark)
- Suggestion: Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales re Future Generations Framework
Future What Next? meetings
- 4 Apr – 9 May, National Museum Cardiff
- 16 May – 20 Jun, School of Art & Design, Cardiff Met University
- 27 Jun – TBC What Next outreach