What Next? CardiffAgenda
When: Wednesday 6 April 2016, 8.30am – 9.30am
Host: Wales Millennium Centre
Where: Sony Room, WMC, Bute Place, Cardiff CF10 5AL
Chair: Yvonne Murphy, Omidaze Productions
Reception will be open from 8.15am. Wales Millennium Centre will be the meeting venue for What Next? Cardiff until Wednesday 11 May 2016.
Getting there: Info here: http://www.wmc.org.uk/yourVisit/GettingHere/
There are bike racks available at the front and stage door of WMC. The nearest car park is located on Pierhead Street http://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking-in/cardiff/pierhead-street-mscp.html Buses run to Bute Place and Mermaid Quay.
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Reporting/ feedback on BBC Get Creative/ Cer i Greu
3. Reporting/ feedback on Assembly cultural hustings
The following items are standing items for the foreseeable future:
3.1 European Referendum
• Invites to In and Leave camps to attend
3.2 Cardiff: Cultural Conversation follow up
• What else could we do to help create a cultural strategy/ cultural consortium/ etc?
• Feedback from mtg between Cardiff Council and ACW at WN? on 20 April 2016.
4. Any other Business
5. Future What Next? meetings
18 May till 22 June – Laura Drane chairing at Chapter
29 June till 27 July – Michael Garvey at BBC NOW
AUGUST – no meetings
Sept onwards TBC for hosts/ chairs (poss: National Museum, Arts & Business Cymru, Cardiff Met/ CSAD, WNO)
POSSIBLE FUTURE TOPICS/ SPEAKERS:
• Sophie Howe/ Future Generations Commissioner – approached by LHD already
• Neil Hanratty/ Cardiff Council – agreed/ reminder what date? Michael Garvey
• Welsh Government speaker to talk about its International Engagement Strategy – ACW to follow up
• European Capital Culture 2023/ Natasha Hale
• Cardiff City Region – rep us to them and vice versa
• Making the case to government/ ACW Nick Capaldi
• Commonwealth Games 2026/ Chris Jenkins
• Catrin Pascoe/ Editor Western Mail
• Next WG minister/ deputy minister
• What/ who else?
Also John Kampfner, Chief Executive of the Creative Industries Federation
THURSDAY 26 MAY – EVENT DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED – AT CSAD IN THE EARLY EVENING
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc): http://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
What Next? Twitter:
Cardiff: http://www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wnculture
UK: http://www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
What Next? Future Host Venues
6 April to 11 May – Wales Millennium Centre, Bute Place, Cardiff CF10 5AL
18 May to 22 June – Chapter Arts Centre, 40 Market Rd, Cardiff CF5 1QE
29 June to 27 July – BBC NOW, Bute Place, Cardiff CF10 5AL
August – no meetings
Sept onwards – National Museum and Arts and Business Cymru has offered to host a series of meetings but need to confirm dates.