What Next? Cardiff
When: Wednesday 8th November, 8:30 – 9.30am
Where: Chorus room, Welsh National Opera, via stage door entrance of Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff. Please go to the WMC stage door reception and you will be directed from there. Please note that closed-toe shoes with a sensible heel must be worn at all times on Scenery Street, working within the theatre environment, on stage and in rehearsal rooms. Tea and coffee will be available.
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? website and social media
- What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc) https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
- What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
- What Next? Twitter: Cardiff: http://www.twitter.com/wncardiff or @WNCardiff and #wnculture UK: http://www.twitter.com/whatnextculture and #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
- Welcome and introductions
- Valleys / Cardiff WN Meeting : 28 November @ Pontypridd update
- Discuss Cardiff Wellbeing Plan responses
- Arts Council of Wales – Creative Conversation
- Bella Dicks & Jenny Kidd – National Museum Wales & School of Journalism/ Heritage MA
- Any Other Business
- Creative Learning Through the Arts discussions – Sian James and Diane Hebb
- Arts and Health – Sally Lewis
- Sara Pepper: AHRC Creative Industries Cluster Programme
- NDCW: Audience Agency Responses
- Suggestion: St Fagans National Museum of History Visit
- Suggestion: Bethan Jenkins AM – in her role as chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee
- Suggestion: Lizzie Crump, Creative Learning Alliance
- Suggestion: UK industrial strategy
- Suggestion: Councillor Huw Thomas, Leader of Cardiff Council
- Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
Future What Next? meetings
- 18 October – 22 November, Welsh National Opera
- 29 November – 20 December, National Theatre Wales
- 10 Jan – 14 Feb 2018, Chapter
- 21 Feb – 28 Mar 2018, British Council Wales