Ideas for action
Here is the list of ideas that we identified which we hope you might take on as an individual or within your organisation, or wider through networks and beyond:
1. Co-chair the next six week block (dates needed: 19 and 26 Nov)
2. Use ACW’s advocacy infographics: http://www.artswales.org.uk/what-we-do/advocacy-toolkit/infographics
3. Take part in WN? Grid message 4 when announced
4. Offer to curate @cardiffisyours – http://cardiffisyours.wordpress.com/
5. Stand as a school governor or local councillor
6. Have contact with other sectors via networks (eg health, business, voluntary, local communities, education (schools, teachers, students, etc), politics, etc)
7. Speak at Ignite Cardiff http://www.ignitecardiff.co.uk/
8. Speak at TedX Cardiff http://tedxcardiff.co.uk/
9. On the street engagement (eg the Stute)
10. Online – something like #24hourculture http://www.24hourculture.co.uk/
11. Invite people to join Wed group and tweet/ fb/ blog etc
12. Write to or meet with councillor, AM, MP, MEP
13. Support another locality in Wales to start a WN? chapter
14. Offer to speak at a Shakespeare Schools Festival performance – http://www.ssf.uk.com/taking-part/region/wales
15. Create a series of case studies/ personal anecdotes about people’s favourite artworks/ cultural content or how the arts and culture have impacted their lives (poss linked to the ACW infographics to make the stats come alive)
16. Blog/ opinion pieces about why the arts and culture matter (eg ClickonWales opinion piece)
Clearly you don’t need to report in that you’re doing any of these, though the public engagement bit of WN? is what makes our meeting every week the real catalyst and potential for change in the UK.
What could you commit to doing?
Also the list isn’t comprehensive, it’s just a start – what would you add that would be a good action (without having to agree to do it yourself necessarily)?