When: 8.30-9.30, Wednesday 27th February 2019
Where: Chapter Arts Centre, Market Road, CF5 1QE
Getting There: There are bike stands to the front of the building, and limited car parking on roads nearby and in the free car park to the rear. Buses run regularly along Cowbridge Road East a couple of minutes walk away.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee, and pastries will be available for attendees.
Chair: Laura Drane, co-founder What Next? Cardiff
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? website and social media
• What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc
• What Next? UK movement website
• Twitter: @WNCardiff and @whatnextculture #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
Beth Nesaf? – beth yw’r nod?
Nod bras: dod o hyd i ffyrdd newydd o ymgysylltu â’n cynulleidfa a’n hymwelwyr: y miliynau gynyddol sy’n gwerthfawrogi diwylliant ac yn cymryd rhan ynddo bob dydd ledled y wlad.
Seren arweiniol: annog ein pobl, yn unigolion a chymunedau, i weld cysylltiadau rhwng y llu o wahanol ffyrdd y mae celfyddyd a diwylliant yn effeithio ar ein bywyd a’i wella; annog pawb i gofrestru eu cymeradwyaeth o gelfyddyd a diwylliant, a’u pleser ynddynt, yn enwedig lle y maent dan fygythiad.
Gwefan a chyfryngau cymdeithasol
• Gwefan Beth Nesaf? Caerdydd (agendâu, aelodau ayb)
• Gwefan Beth Nesaf? Prydain
• Twitter @WNCardiff a @wnculture #wnculture
Dalier sylw: Rydym am i bawb deimlo’n rhydd i ofyn cwestiynau a rhannu eu syniadau mewn cyfarfodydd Beth Nesaf? heb orfod poeni y cânt eu dyfynnu mewn mannau eraill neu allan o gyd-destun. Ein disgwyliad cyffredinol yw nad oes neb yn adrodd am y gyfarfodydd neu’n trydaru unrhyw beth personol neu rannu unrhyw beth y gellir ei olrhain yn ôl i unigolyn neu’n rhannu unrhyw gynnwys heb wirio yn gyntaf gyda’r cyfrannwr gwreiddiol.
1. Croeso a chyflwyniadau / Welcome and introductions
2. Developing What Next? Cardiff
What did What Next? Cardiff ever do for Cardiff? The last five years:
…and what next for What Next? Cardiff?
• Ideas, plans, priorities, etc building towards broad aim and guiding star above (eg reaching publics, press/ media, politicians), and building from some of our successes over the last five years since we started in 2014.
Plus thoughts about what to bid to WN? central funds for
• Support for capacity building (£500 per chapter, only 12 per year)
• Travel grant to visit other chapters or to cover costs of invited speakers. For example: ideas around Get Creative; joint project with valleys What Next? Chapter; something linked to Core Cities (Manchester combined authorities, Newcastle-Gateshead, Bristol Cultural Development Partnership)
3. Any other business
Forthcoming events & opportunities
Please fill in this survey from Eluned Morgan, Wales’ Minister for International Relations and Welsh Language.
We are looking for views on a new strategy to raise Wales’ global profile. Today I met with the Task and Finish group that are advising me on this. You can help us by filling in our survey: https://gov.wales/newsroom/international/2019/190222-selling-wales-to-the-world/?skip=1&lang=en
• The Young Vic WN? website has lots of useful info and links that are relevant to Wales and UK wide cultural conversations that support our work in Wales. To register for updates please go to https://www.whatnextculture.co.uk/chapters/young-vic/
• Rivca Rubin and Emma Haughton are offering places on two-day workshop ‘The Refinery’ at a reduced rate until 1st March. The training takes place from 5th-6th April and is designed to refine your skills in working with groups and teams. Click here for more info.
4. Siaradwyr/pynciau y dyfodol | Future What Next? speakers/topics
What Next? is on the move again from 20/2/19 to Chapter Arts Centre for the next 6 weeks.
• Tracey McNulty, Swansea Council – learnings from the Capital of Culture bid
• Suggestion: Creative Industries Federation (Angie Dutton to approach)
• Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
• Suggestion: Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales re Future Generations framework
• Suggestion: Creative Wales, Chair (once appointed)
• Suggestion: Creative Society
• Suggestion: Sharon Heal, Director of the Museums Association is happy to attend a future What Next? meeting, to discuss the journey the MA has made to more equitable policies and practices across the four nations
• Suggestion: Update on Music City and Culture Strategy Work (December).
5. Unrhyw fater arall / Any other business
Future What Next? meetings
• 9/1/19 – 13/2/19 Cardiff and Vale college
• 20/2/19 – 27/3/19 Chapter (27/3 or 3/4 St Fagans tbc)
• 3/4/19 – 8/5/19 Ffotogallery 29 Castle St/ Angel Hotel
• 15/5/19 – 19/6/18 British Council Wales
• 26/6/19 – 31/7/18 G39