When: 8.30-9.30, Wednesday 6th March 2019
Where: Chapter Arts Centre, Market Road, CF5 1QE
Getting There: There are bike stands to the front of the building, and limited car parking on roads nearby and in the free car park to the rear. Buses run regularly along Cowbridge Road East a couple of minutes walk away.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee, and pastries will be available for attendees.
Chair: Laura Drane, co-founder What Next? Cardiff
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? website and social media
• What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc
• What Next? UK movement website
• Twitter: @WNCardiff and @whatnextculture #wnculture
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
Beth Nesaf? – beth yw’r nod?
Nod bras: dod o hyd i ffyrdd newydd o ymgysylltu â’n cynulleidfa a’n hymwelwyr: y miliynau gynyddol sy’n gwerthfawrogi diwylliant ac yn cymryd rhan ynddo bob dydd ledled y wlad.
Seren arweiniol: annog ein pobl, yn unigolion a chymunedau, i weld cysylltiadau rhwng y llu o wahanol ffyrdd y mae celfyddyd a diwylliant yn effeithio ar ein bywyd a’i wella; annog pawb i gofrestru eu cymeradwyaeth o gelfyddyd a diwylliant, a’u pleser ynddynt, yn enwedig lle y maent dan fygythiad.
Gwefan a chyfryngau cymdeithasol
• Gwefan Beth Nesaf? Caerdydd (agendâu, aelodau ayb)
• Gwefan Beth Nesaf? Prydain
• Twitter @WNCardiff a @wnculture #wnculture
Dalier sylw: Rydym am i bawb deimlo’n rhydd i ofyn cwestiynau a rhannu eu syniadau mewn cyfarfodydd Beth Nesaf? heb orfod poeni y cânt eu dyfynnu mewn mannau eraill neu allan o gyd-destun. Ein disgwyliad cyffredinol yw nad oes neb yn adrodd am y gyfarfodydd neu’n trydaru unrhyw beth personol neu rannu unrhyw beth y gellir ei olrhain yn ôl i unigolyn neu’n rhannu unrhyw gynnwys heb wirio yn gyntaf gyda’r cyfrannwr gwreiddiol.
1. Croeso a chyflwyniadau / Welcome and introductions
2. Speaker Rob Ashelford – Nesta on exploring the potential to open up the arts and culture for new audiences.
Finding new ways to achieve the What Next? Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country. Including roll over from last weeks funding from central WN?
Priority setting and future actions
Our guiding star is to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat
3. The Welsh Government is developing a new strategy to raise Wales’ profile internationally, and wants your views on how best to achieve this. The ambition is to create a new International Strategy for Wales, identifying the priorities, image and messages we should be presenting to the world. Please have your say to ensure arts, artists and culture are at the forefront of this new strategy https://gov.wales/newsroom/international/2019/190222-selling-wales-to-the-world/?skip=1&lang=en&mc_cid=b6fd6c246d&mc_eid=6e31b1f3a9
4. Any other business
Forthcoming events & opportunities
Reminder that Lea Beckerleg is attending next week (13th March) to update on Creative Wales
4. Siaradwyr/pynciau y dyfodol | Future What Next? speakers/topics
What Next? is on the move again from 20/2/19 to Chapter Arts Centre for the next 6 weeks.
• Tracey McNulty, Swansea Council – learnings from the Capital of Culture bid
• Suggestion: Creative Industries Federation (Angie Dutton to approach)
• Suggestion: OECD Evaluation
• Suggestion: Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales re Future Generations framework
• Suggestion: Creative Wales, Chair (once appointed)
• Suggestion: Creative Society
• Suggestion: Sharon Heal, Director of the Museums Association is happy to attend a future What Next? meeting, to discuss the journey the MA has made to more equitable policies and practices across the four nations
• Suggestion: Update on Music City and Culture Strategy Work (December).
5. Unrhyw fater arall / Any other business
Future What Next? meetings
• 9/1/19 – 13/2/19 Cardiff and Vale college
• 20/2/19 – 27/3/19 Chapter (27/3 or 3/4 St Fagans tbc)
• 3/4/19 – 8/5/19 Ffotogallery 29 Castle St/ Angel Hotel
• 15/5/19 – 19/6/18 British Council Wales
• 26/6/19 – 31/7/18 G39