WHAT NEXT? CARDIFF AGENDA
When: Wednesday 22 February 2017, 8.30am – 9.30am
Chair: Louise Swindell
Host: Arts & Business Cymru
Where: Eversheds Sutherland, 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff CF10 5BT
- Welcome and introductions
- Guest speakers: Dave Morgan, Spindogs and Kathryn Williams, Rubicon Dance – the positive impact of business specialists on arts boards.
- Updates and info sharing including:
- An update on Get Creative, continuing the conversation
- Communities First – paper from Bevan Foundation https://www.bevanfoundation.org/publications/communities-first-next-steps/
- The Grid – updates and call for pledges
- Any Other Business
- Networking until 10:00
WN? coming weeks – The Power of Business / Arts Partnership, hosted by A&B Cymru:
- 1 March, Eversheds Sutherland. Guest speaker TBC
- 8 March, Eversheds Sutherland. Guest speaker Clare Williams, Hijinx, who will talk about the theatre company’s varied partnerships with business.
- 15 March, Eversheds Sutherland. Guest speaker Tim Rhys Evans, The Aloud Charity, who will talk about the impact of business sponsorship.
- 22 March, Eversheds Sutherland. Guest speaker: TBC
Future discussion topics:
How can WN? Communicate with the Council
Look at how other locations have mobilised cultural support from the public (case studies)
Finding Eversheds Sutherland:
Cardiff Central station is 5 minutes walk to Eversheds Sutherland’s office.
If you have any particular requirements please contact our receptionist.
Ken Skates’ Statement for Culture – http://gov.wales/docs/drah/publications/161213-a-vision-for-culture-in-wales-en.pdf
Save the Date:
Our Space Family Access Workshop, Park and Dare Theatre Treorchy – 20 February
Get Creative weekend – 7-9 April
RHS Cardiff Flower Show – 7-9 April
Diffusion – Ffotogallery’s international festival of photography – 1 – 31 May
Arts & Business Cymru Awards, Wales Millennium Centre, 23 June
RawFfest – 17-20 August
Fun Palaces – 7-8 October
Future What Next? Meetings:
29 March till 10 May (inc Easter break) : British Council
- Call for other organisations to host past May
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc): https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.