When: Wednesday 15 March 2017, 8.30am – 9.30am
Chair: Louise Swindell
Host: Arts & Business Cymru
Where: Eversheds Sutherland, 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff CF10 5BT
- Welcome and introductions
- Guest speaker: Tim Rhys Evans, The Aloud Charity, who will talk about the impact of business sponsorship
- Updates and info sharing including:
- BBC Get Creative call for submissions
- Acting today for a better tomorrow – Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales – Please complete the survey attached
- May local elections – Gareth Coles would like to discuss writing a manifesto as a collective
- The Grid updates and call for pledges – Possible Thunderclap in each stage. See attached
- London Young Vic Chapter – See attached. Ruth Garnualt has offered to attend on our behalf on 22 March
- Call for other organisations to host post May
- Any other business
- Networking until 10:00
WN? coming weeks – The Power of Business / Arts Partnership, hosted by A&B Cymru:
- 22 March, Eversheds Sutherland. Guest speaker: Leanne Rahman and Gareth Coles; Open Conversations – exploring creative cultural activity within BAME communities
Future discussion topics:
Communities First – Dave Horton, Development Manager, ACE (Action in Caerau and Ely), has agreed to come to a What Next? Meeting. A date needs to be confirmed and a sub-committee can meet with him immediately following the meeting.
How can WN? Communicate with the Council.
Look at how other locations have mobilised cultural support from the public (case studies).
Finding Eversheds Sutherland:
Cardiff Central station is 5 minutes walk to Eversheds Sutherland’s office.
If you have any particular requirements please contact our receptionist.
Ken Skates’ Statement for Culture – http://gov.wales/docs/drah/publications/161213-a-vision-for-culture-in-wales-en.pdf
Save the Date:
Creative Federations Meeting at Cardiff Metropolitan School of Art & design – 16 March 1500-1800
Audience Development meeting, Location TBC – 7 April 1100-1300
Get Creative weekend – 7-9 April
RHS Cardiff Flower Show – 7-9 April
Diffusion – Ffotogallery’s international festival of photography – 1 – 31 May
Arts & Business Cymru Awards, Wales Millennium Centre, 23 June
RawFfest – 17-20 August
Fun Palaces – 7-8 October
Future What Next? Meetings: Call for other organisations to host past May
29 March till 3 May (inc Easter break) : British Council
10 May till 14 June: Cardiff Metropolitan School of Art & Design
21 June till 26 July:
No meetings in August
6 September till 11 October:
18 October till November 22:
29 November till 20 December:
Possible hosts: RWCMD, Chapter, Cardiff University, Riverfront (Newport Live), WNO.
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country.
Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc): https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.