When: Wednesday 29 March 2017, 8.30am – 9.30am
Chair: Sara Pepper, Creative Cardiff
Host: British Council Wales
Where: British Council Wales, floor 2, 1 Kingsway, CF10 3AQ
- Welcome and introductions
- Guest speaker, Dave Horton – ACE – What will a post Communities First Wales look like?
- Updates since last meeting / discussion to include;
- BBC Get Creative call for submissions
- Wales International Documentary Festival’s Equality and Diversity Day is Thursday 6th April at Blackwood Miners Institute. Register here if you wish to attend
- May local elections – Subcommittee writing a manifesto as a collective – Meeting date TBC
- The Grid updates and call for pledges
- Call for other organisations to host post May
- Future What Next speakers/topics. Suggestions welcome!
- 10th May, Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner.
f). Any other business
g). Networking until 10:00
Ken Skates’ Statement for Culture – http://gov.wales/docs/drah/publications/161213-a-vision-forculture-in-wales-en.pdf
Save the Date:
Get Creative weekend – 7-9 April
RHS Cardiff Flower Show – 7-9 April
Diffusion – Ffotogallery’s international festival of photography – 1 – 31 May
Arts & Business Cymru Awards, Wales Millennium Centre, 23 June
Cardiff Fringe Festival 15th – 22nd July 2017
RawFfest – 17-20 August
Fun Palaces – 7-8 October
Future What Next? Meetings: Call for other organisations to host past May
29 March till 10 May (inc Easter break) : British Council
17 May till 14 June: Cardiff Metropolitan School of Art & Design
21 June till 26 July:
No meetings in August
6 September till 11 October:
18 October till November 22: WNO
29 November till 20 December:
Possible hosts: RWCMD, Chapter, Cardiff University, Riverfront (Newport Live).
The purpose of What Next?
Broad aim: to find new ways of engaging with our audience and visitors: the ever-expanding millions who value and take part in the cultural work that happens day-in, day-out up and down this country. Guiding star: to encourage the people of this country, as individuals and as communities, to see connections between the many different ways art and culture affect and enhance our lives; to urge everyone to register their endorsement of – and pleasure in – their art and culture, especially where these are under threat.
What Next? Cardiff website (agendas, members etc): https://whatnextcardiff.wordpress.com
What Next? UK movement website: http://www.whatnextculture.org
Please note: We want everyone to feel free to ask questions and share their thoughts at What Next? meetings without worrying that they’ll be quoted elsewhere or out of context. It’s generally accepted that no-one reports on the meetings, tweets anything personal or identifiable, or shares any content without checking first with the contributor.
The British Council will be hosting What Next? for the period 29th March – 10th May.
Venue address: British Council, level two, 1 Kingsway, Cardiff, CF10 3AQ (indicated in red on this map)
Contact: British Council in Wales; Rebecca Gould, Head of Arts, 07971 155505 Rebecca.Gould@britishcouncil.org and Rosa Bickerton, Arts Officer, 07735559752, email@example.com